- Students will develop clear and effective written and oral communication skills using standard English.
- Students will acquire a strong foundation in mathematical reasoning and skills.
- Students will learn about the political, economic, cultural, geographic, and technological forces that have shaped the history of the world and of the United States.
- Students will acquire knowledge and skills in the sciences and will be able to conduct inquiries using the scientific method.
- Students will develop an informed appreciation of the arts and participate in their creation.
- Students will be able to speak, read, and write in a language other than English.
- Students will learn the essentials necessary for a healthy, safe, and physically fit life.
- Students will recognize the importance of hard work, personal responsibility, and respect for others.
- Students from all demographic groups will perform at comparably high achievement levels.